Warrior cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowkit's Destiny--Part One

2 posters

Go down

Snowkit's Destiny--Part One Empty Re: Snowkit's Destiny--Part One

Post  Kitsune_Kaguya Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Hiro (from heroes!) wrote:a
w
e
s
o
m
e
Exclamation
Exclamation

Thanks!!!
Kitsune_Kaguya
Kitsune_Kaguya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiro (from heroes!) Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:46 am

a
w
e
s
o
m
e
Exclamation
Exclamation
Hiro (from heroes!)
Hiro (from heroes!)
Deputy
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Snowkit's Destiny--Part One Empty Snowkit's Destiny--Part One

Post  Kitsune_Kaguya Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Prologue

Berryheart, medicine cat of EchoClan, was curled in her den, dreaming yet again. But this dream was unlike any of the others she'd had in the past season. It had been a peaceful leafbare--the other clans, StormClan, FrostClan, and WillowClan, were peaceful, and new-leaf was almost here. All her dreams of leafbare had told of good things--new young warriors, peaceful alliances, and a healthy clan. But this dream was dark, filled with blood and whispering shadows. A powerful tom had pinned down a small kit and was raising his paw, about to deliver a fatal blow. But suddenly, the kit grew wings and turned into a small bird, and soared toward the tom's face, attempting to peck his eyes out. But the tom was gone as well; in his place was a wolf, tall and powerful and sleek. Although neither bird nor wolf were injured, blood stained the soft snow blanketing the ground. A voice, raspy and ancient, whispered in Berryheart's ear, "Beware the wolf song that haunts the sparrow, for blood will stain the innocent snow forever more."

Berryheart jolted awake. She had just received a prophecy, she was sure of it. But what could it possibly mean?

Chapter One

It was new-leaf now, and green was beginning to return to the forest. Swanflower, the youngest queen in the nursery, had just delivered a healthy litter of kits a moon ago, and she was fondly holding them close with her tail. She purred as she stroked them with her soft tongue. Quailsong, another young queen, looked over at her and purred. "They're beautiful, aren't they? Kits, I mean." Her own kits, Wolfkit and Hollykit, were clambering over one another, mewing for milk.

"Yes, they are," agreed Swanflower. "Lilykit, Foxkit, get back here!" she meowed at two of her kits, who were ambling off. "Snowkit is the only one behaving around here!"

"Yes, mama," said Lilykit reluctantly. Her thick black pelt rustled against her fur, and her bright green eyes were annoyed.

Foxkit didn't give in so easily. "Why, mama? Why can't I go out there? I'm a moon old! I'm practically an apprentice already!" He shook out his deep red pelt and his blue eyes glared.

"You wish, mousebrain," Lilykit sneered. "You have five moons left to go before you're an apprentice!"

Foxkit frowned, but couldn't think of a suitable comeback. "Stop fighting," their sister, Snowkit, mewed groggily. Her blue eyes were tired and her white pelt was ruffled from being curled up against her mother.

"Snowkit is right," Hollykit said snottily. "Stop being such mousebrains. No one wants to hear you arguing all the time. Right, Wolfkit?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Wolfkit said absentmindedly, staring at Snowkit. Snowkit shuddered, uncomfortable under the intense glare of his amber eyes. His gray-blue pelt glistened, wet with dew from the moss he'd been rolling in.

Lilykit and Foxkit padded back inside the nursery and rolled moss balls at each other. Wolfkit joined in. Hollykit watched them disdainfully, and Snowkit curled up and went back to sleep.

From across the camp, Berryheart watched them, her eyes wide. "I don't know how, but I know," she whispered. "Snowkit is one of the cats in the prophecy."

(I'll post the next few chapters soon! Wink )
Kitsune_Kaguya
Kitsune_Kaguya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum